Maybe your computer does not recognize the firmware file. So the first thing you need to do is restart your computer. Then connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch to the computer again, and then launch iTunes. If you’re receiving “the iPhone could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible” error when updating your iDevices to the latest iOS 16, how to fix it? In this guide, you can find several proven ways to solve it. Recovery Mode in iPhone is a troubleshooting process that diagnose the iOS problem and repairs it. Like factory reset, Recovery Mode too deletes the current data from your iOS device.
- Then follow the prompt to install the latest iTunes.
- In addition, you can also try the solutions in this article.
- Vera is an editor of the MiniTool Team since 2016 who has more than 5 years’ writing experiences in the field of technical articles.
- During the recovery process, you may find a limitation in MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS Free Edition.
- Uninstalling the antivirus software on your computer or iPhone can resolve this issue because such security software sometimes blocks installation of firmware.
WatchOS 8.4 notably addressed a charging problem. The update included information on what users should do if their Apple Watch stops working properly.
- However, don’t skip the repair entirely because it’s not safe to use a corrupted hard drive without repairing it first.
- To achieve this goal, you are strongly recommended to download a professional third-party iPhone data recovery tool.
- Click “Scan” to start finding the broken files.
- I was so skeptical that it could restore my corrupt iPhone backup, especially after spending 5 hours on the phone with Apple tech support and 2 hours at the Apple Store.
If you still have troubles, you may have to resort to the Apple store to seek professionals for help. When your iPhone or iPad says the firmware is not compatible, the first thing you need to do is to restart your computer. Because by doing this, some temporary glitches will be removed that may cause this problem. After restarting the computer, connect the iOS stock ROM (firmware) devices and open iTunes to see whether the restoring is possible. Please go to imazing.com on your Mac or PC to download and install iMazing.
Follow the instructions on the screen to install the latest update. IPhone firmware is actually the brain of the device that controls its functionality. It contains the basic engineering of the device and its functions. Third-party apps interact with the firmware to ask for permissions, installations and compatibility. In simpler words, iPhone firmware is actually an operating system of the device just like windows. Every operation in your device is controlled by the firmware, for example, rebooting, opening camera or installing apps. Here’s how to solve this issue using Tenorshare Reiboot.
The old alias now points to a nonexistent location and you get the error from above. Now, perform a fresh backup with iTunes. If instead of the Backups folder, there is an alias to Backups (shortcut called Backup), your files are located in the different directory. If this doesn’t work on your current iTunes version, make sure you have downloaded the latest iTunes and try restoring the iDevice again. Now you can download this software, then we will demonstrate to you how it works by introducing the Full Backup function. Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. If your iPhone is in a normal state, choose the “Upgrade/Downgrade iOS” function to update your iPhone.